Implementation of New Features Policy
Effective starting: March 28, 2019
• We encourage and display your comments and votes openly in our issue tracking system.
• We don't publish road-maps with specific release dates.
• Product Managers review our most popular voted issues regularly.
• We schedule features based on a variety of factors.
• Our Wetware Server Bug Fix Policy is distinct from this process.
• Wetware provides consistent updates on the top 20 issues.
How to track what features are being implemented
We're continuously improving and updating our cloud products. To see the latest changes that have been or are being delivered to your products, take a look at the Wetware Cloud release notes blog.
When a new feature or improvement is scheduled, the 'fix-for' version will be indicated in the issue. This occurs for the next upcoming release only. We maintain road-maps for more distant releases internally, but as these road-maps can be preempted by changing customer demands we don't publish them.
How Wetware chooses what to implement
In every major server release we aim to implement highly requested features, but it isn't the only determining factor. Other factors include:
• Customer contact: We get the chance to meet customers and hear their successes and challenges when possible.
• Customer interviews: All product managers at Wetware do customer interviews. Our interviews are not simply to capture a list of features, but to understand our customers' goals and plans.
• Community forums: There are large volumes of posts on the Wetware Community, and of conversations on community forums like groups on LinkedIn.
• Customer Support: Our support team provides clear insights into the issues that are challenging for customers, and which are generating calls requiring support
• In-product feedback: Performance metric features that we embed our products for evaluation and our Early Access Program give us a constant insight into how users are experiencing our product.
• Usage data: Which features of our systems do users spend most time with?
• Product strategy: Our long-term strategic vision for the product.
How to contribute to feature development
Influencing Wetware's release cycle
We encourage our customers to vote on issues that have been raised in our public Projcycle instance. Please find out if your request already exists—if it does, vote for it. If you don't find it, you may wish to create a new one.